This page links to information and documents about IGF 2016 Workshop, Finding ways to build confidence in stakeholder legitimacy, 10:45 – 12:15, Friday, 9 December 2016, in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- “Sched” link
- Discussion document [PDF] – this contains an overview of why it’s important to consider how to strengthen stakeholder accountability, as well as details of the questions to be discussed
Online editable documents for each of the four breakout groups
Please note that anyone interested in the topics, but unable to attend is free to add their thoughts to these documents. Please just be careful not to delete anything already there. If you would like to comment on someone’s existing discussion input, please use the “comment” facility in the Google docs.
- Is there a need to prove the legitimacy of stakeholder groups and their members, and if so, what are ways that legitimacy can be established?
- Stakeholder groups and their configurations
- Levels of stakeholder representation (individuals through to aggregated groupings)
- How do stakeholders manage the participation of entities or individuals that are not deemed to have a high level of legitimacy in a process?